Dear students and staff of the AIU,
December 18, 2020
National Institute of Genetics (NIG) / SOKENDAI Department of Genetics is accepting applications for a research internship program for undergraduate and graduate students who wish to gain research experience in genetics and related fields of life sciences. Trainee students will conduct independent research under the supervision of a lead researcher at NIG.
The program includes hands-on research, communication and laboratory visits to meet leading researchers. At the end of the program, participants will give a presentation on their experience at the NIGINTERN Reports Symposium. NIG will issue a certificate to those who successfully complete the program. Interns can also participate in a variety of activities such as alumni lectures, clubs and seminars by prominent researchers from NIG. Japanese lessons are also available.
The duration of this internship is one month, IELTS / TOEFL is not required.
• NIG will cover airfare, local transportation between Japan airport and NIG, Institute boarding accommodation, and insurance during the program. There will also be a food allowance (about 1,500 yen per day).
• NIG will issue a certificate to those who successfully complete the program.
• Trainees can also participate in a variety of activities such as alumni lectures, clubs and seminars of distinguished researchers.
• Applications are accepted from candidates with an interest in life sciences who are in the pre-final year at the time of application, that is, in the 3rd year of a 4-year undergraduate program, in the 2nd year of a 3-year undergraduate program, in the 4th year 5-year program, 1 year of 2-year master's program or 5 year of 6-year program. Students who are interested in applying to NIG graduate studies are encouraged to apply.
• Due to the highly competitive selection process, applications from students enrolled in courses other than the penultimate one will not be accepted.
How do I apply?
Application is accepted online
More details on the official website
Deadline: January 7, 2021